Classic Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Crust
Baking: 55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer cream together the butter and powdered sugar then mix in the flour, salt, poppy seeds and zest.
- Press evenly into an 8x8-inch non-stick baking pan.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 18 – 20 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer mix the sugar, eggs and lemon juice until well combined, then add the flour and mix until well incorporated.
- When the pastry is done, immediately pour the filling over the hot pastry.
- Bake about 30 - 35 minutes or until golden and puffy.
- Cool and cut into 16 squares.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.