Orange Cinnamon Roll Christmas Tree
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 Minutes
Orange Cinnamon Rolls
- Arrange cinnamon rolls in Christmas tree pattern on a greased baking sheet. You can start with four rolls on the bottom roll, three rolls on the next row, etc. If you are feeding more people start with five rolls on the bottom.
- Zest and juice two Sunkist oranges. This should be enough for the rolls and frosting.
- Mix together 1/4 teaspoon orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Spread a small amount on top of the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake cinnamon rolls according to package instructions.
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat confectioners' sugar, softened cream cheese, softened butter, orange juice, and orange zest in a bowl until frosting is smooth.
- Remove rolls from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Spread frosting on the warm rolls and sprinkle on remaining orange zest.
- Optional, add orange peel garnish garland and star to the tree.