Skip to content
House-Made Bitter Lemon
- Wash lemons and cut the ends off. Slice each lemon in half lengthwise and each half into 4 slices.
- Combine lemons, sugar and water in a blender cup.
- Process in a high speed blender by pulsing until almost smooth, mixture should still have some texture.
- Place mixture in a medium non-corrosive pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Let boil for 1 minute then remove from heat and let steep for 1 hour.
- Strain through a fine strainer.
- Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Measure the gin, Bitter Lemon, into a mixing glass.
- Fill glass three-quarters with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Add the sparkling water and swirl in mixing tin.
- Strain into a tall Collins glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with lemon slice and fresh thyme.
Show up to your next virtual happy hour in style. Pair this recipe with a sweet digital background - click here to download.