Lemon Garlic Roasted Pork Shanks
Preparation: 1 hour
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Squeeze the juice from 3 Sunkist® lemons into a cup and set aside. Then, peel and cut the onion and garlic.
- Pour the lemon juice, onion and garlic into the blender, and add the honey, yellow mustard and salt. Blend and mix well until it becomes a marinade.
- Pour the marinade onto the pork shanks and let it marinate for 1 hour.
- While your pork shanks marinate, prepare the side dishes. Shred the cucumber, carrot and spring onion and put all the vegetable shreds into a bowl. Cut another lemon in half and squeeze a small amount of lemon juice and add the olive oil into the bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In the meantime, sift the lemon juice marinade to remove any remaining pulp. Pour the marinade into a pan and simmer on low heat, cook until thick and set aside.
- Bake the pork shanks for 10 minutes, then remove from oven. Brush the heated marinade on one side of the pork shanks, and place back into oven to bake for 8 minutes. Remove the tray from oven and flip pork shanks over to spread more marinade on the other side of the pork shank, then close the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Finally, place lemon slices and side dishes on a plate, and place freshly baked pork shanks on it. Serve.