Skip to content
- Add water and quinoa to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Let quinoa cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool for 5-10 minutes and prep dressing (recipe below).
- Segment the Sunkist® Cara Cara orange (instructions below).
- Pour dressing over the quinoa and mix.
- Stir chickpeas, golden raisins, pistachios, Sunkist® Cara Cara orange segments, and parsley in to the quinoa and mix until combined.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with extra pistachios, oranges slices, and parsley, if desired. Serve warm or cold.
- Store the leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Substitutions: swap golden raisins, pistachios, and parsley with items on hand, such as dried cranberries, chopped dates, toasted almonds, and mint.
- Juice Sunkist® Cara Cara orange into a mason jar.
- Add olive oil, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cover securely with a lid and shake vigorously to combine dressing ingredients.
SEGMENT SUNKIST® CARA CARA ORANGE
- Use a sharp knife to slice off the top and bottom of the orange carefully. Lay the orange cut side down.
- Use downward strokes along the sides of the orange to slice the skin away from the flesh. Discard the peel and remove any remaining white pith with the knife.
- Slice between one of the segments and the connective membrane until you reach the middle of the orange.
- Once both sides of the segment are sliced, remove the segment. Continue with each remaining segment.