Chai Tea Lemonade
PREPARATION: 10 minutes
STEEP: 60 minutes
- Combine the ginger, spices, tea, water and sugar in a sauce pan. Bring to a quick boil over high heat. As soon as mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat. Let steep for 1 hour.
- Strain the cooled tea syrup into a large pitcher, add the lemon juice and stir. Serve over ice. Store refrigerated for up to 5 days.
• Switch up the type of tea for different variations on this recipe.
• Try it served warm for chilly days – kept warm in a slow cooker.
• Add a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper for an extra kick of spice if desired.