Lemon Peel Cup Cake
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Cut 4 lemons in half and squeeze the juice. Squeeze 15g in one cup, and 10g in a separate cup. Dig out the remaining pulp from the lemon peels so they become empty shell cups.
- Shave 2 grams of lemon zest off a lemon and set aside.
- Add 2 eggs and 50g of sugar into a bowl and mix well. Heat up a pot of water on the stove and place bowl on top of the hot water pot. Use a whisk to beat the egg mix until it thickens and soft peaks in the egg foam form and hold for at least 3 seconds
- Sieve the low-gluten flour into the bowl and mix well. Then, add the melted butter, lemon zest, 15g of lemon juice, and mix well again.
- Preheat the oven to 170°. While you wait for the oven to heat up, pour the cake batter into the piping bag and fill the lemon peel shells until they are 80% full. Then, put it in the oven and back from 20-25 minutes.
- As the cake bakes, make the icing by mixing 10g of lemon juice and 40g of icing sugar evenly and set aside.
- Remove lemon peel cup cakes from the oven and let it cool down. Then, drizzle the icing on top and serve.