By: Alexa Fernando
- In a bowl, blend cream cheese with orange zest and 1 tsp of confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the egg yolks, then whisk in the milk, orange juice and vanilla extract. Mix with the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites vigorously. Mix with the rest of the batter. Batter may be lumpy.
- Heat pan over medium heat and melt some butter. When butter starts to bubble, add a scoop (about ¼ cup) of pancake batter. When bubbles begin to appear over the top of the pancakes and the edges begin to look dry, flip them over and brown the other side lightly. Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes are made. (You can preheat the oven and leave the cooked pancakes there to keep them warm).
- Right before serving, top pancakes with orange cream and dust with sugar. Garnish with orange slices/zest and/or raspberries.