Citrus Teriyaki Salmon
Preparation: 20 minutes
Marinating: 1 hour
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Combine the Sunkist® orange and lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and sesame oil in a bowl and whisk until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Put the salmon in a large sealable plastic bag and add the marinade, making sure to coat all sides.
- Refrigerate for no more than 1 hour.
- To make the sauce, remove the fish from the marinade.
- Place the excess marinade into a small sauce pan and whisk in the cornstarch.
- Cook over medium low heat, whisking often until it comes to a simmer and is thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large, ovenproof nonstick skillet with a little oil over medium high heat, until the pan is hot.
- Add the salmon skin side up for about 1 minute then flip salmon over.
- Add the citrus wedges to the pan around the salmon, then transfer the skillet to the preheated oven.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until salmon is just done, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Serve the salmon drizzled with the thickened marinade and oven roasted citrus on the side to squeeze over fish.