Lemon Seafood Paella
COOKING: 45 minutes
- To prepare broth, combine clam juice, white wine, and saffron threads in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and keep warm over low heat.
- In a large paella pan or large skillet, heat the 3 tablespoons olive over medium-high heat.
- Season fish with salt and pepper, add to pan and sauté 1 minute.
- Remove fish from pan, reserve and keep warm.
- Add onion to pan and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add the Sunkist® lemon zest, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, bring to a low boil and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the peas and red pepper slices.
- Add mussels and clams to pan, nestling them into rice mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells.
- Stir in the whitefish and chopped parsley and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in freshly squeezed Sunkist lemon juice and check for seasoning.
- Cover with a towel and let stand 10 minutes before stirring.