Citrus French Toast Bake
Preparation : 15 minutes
Chilling : Overnight in refrigerator
Baking : 45-50 minutes
- Drizzle melted butter into a 9x13-inch glass baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs, freshly squeezed Sunkist® Meyer lemon and Sunkist® Minneola Tangelo oranges juices, freshly grated zests and milk. Set aside.
- Sprinkle one-third of sugar mixture evenly over melted butter in baking pan.
- Cut French baguette into 20 1-inch slices.
- Add 10 slices of baguette to baking pan and drizzle half of egg mixture over bread.
- Sprinkle with half of remaining sugar mixture and top with remaining slices of bread.
- Drizzle with remaining egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 – 50 minutes, until golden brown and custard is set.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.