Lemon Chia Energy Balls
PREPARATION: 20 minutes
- Tear up the dates and put in a small bowl; toss with the lemon juice and press the dates into the liquid with a fork. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Place the date mixture and liquid, oats, coconut oil, lemon zest and chia in a food processor and process until mixture just comes together.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and pulse until seeds are broken down and chopped into the mixture.
- Portion the mixture into heaping tablespoons and roll into balls, then roll in desiccated coconut to coat.
- Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before enjoying.
• Be sure to look for moist, soft dates when shopping for this recipe.