Fried Chicken in Honey Lemon Sauce
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Thaw the chicken steaks. Then even out the thickness of the steak by cutting the thick part. Thinner chicken steaks can better absorb the marinade and reduce cooking time.
- Add chicken steaks to the marinade and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Zest and juice Sunkist® lemons. Set aside.
- Add eggs to chicken steaks and mix well. Dredge the chicken steaks in tapioca starch until both sides are fully covered.
- Preheat the skillet with cooking oil. Pan-fry the chicken steaks over medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes each side until golden brown.
- In a pan, add lemon juice, granulated sugar, salt and warm water, and bring to a boil.
- Add custard powder and water, and stir well. Cook until sauce is thickened, then remove from heat.
- Slice the chicken steaks and top with honey lemon sauce.