Cured Snapper in Citrus Salt and Lemon Vinaigrette
By Chef Jowett Yu
Marinating: 1 Hour
Preparation: 30 minutes
CITRUS SALT CURED SNAPPER
- Debone and skin the snapper, then cure with a spread of citrus salt for 3-4 hours minimum.
- After 3-4 hours, rinse the salt off thoroughly, then pat dry.
- Slice the fish thinly into 1/8-inch-thick pieces.
- Top each sashimi piece with lemon vinaigrette to taste.
- Add a lemon wheel, wood sorrel and marigold leaves on top to garnish.
CURING CITRUS SALT
- Grate the lemons for fine zest. (Avoid the white pith)
- Combine sugar, salt, and lemon zest, and mix thoroughly.
- Juice lemons and strain the lemon juice.
- Finely dice the shallots and long red chillies.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine fish sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, chillies, shallots, and a pinch of black pepper.