Cara Cara Orange Chicken with Sweet Potato
By Caleb and Joshua Ng
MARINATING: 60 Minutes
Cooking: 2 Hours
- Preheat the oven to 230°C. Marinate the chicken thighs with salt, black pepper, onions and a little bit of olive oil. Add in garlic and 3 teaspoons Sunkist® Cara Cara orange juice. Let it sit for 1 hour.
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes with hot water. Bake the sweet potatoes until tender for around 45-60 minutes. Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Crumble the feta cheese, finely chop the garlic cloves and slice the onions, cut the Cara Cara orange into slices.
- In medium heat, heat up the olive oil in a cast iron pan. Add in garlic and onions, cook until golden. Brown the chicken until the skin is crispy. Set aside the chicken.
- Soak the saffron in hot water for 3 minutes.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts.
- In the same pan with the browned garlic, add in white wine, citrus juice and saffron. Reduce heat and cook for 3-4 minutes until the liquid is aromatic.
- Put the chicken back to the pan along with the sweet potatoes and feta cheese. Add in raisins and pine nuts. Cook the chicken till it is brown. Transfer the chicken to the oven. Cook until it is thorough for around 15 minutes.
- Cook rosemary and the orange slices with the remaining juice on the pan.
- Put the chicken on top.