Navel Orange Salted Egg Yolk Chicken
By Chef May Chow
Cooking: 60 MINUTES
- Prepare salted egg yolk – separate the salted egg whites from the yolks and steam the egg yolks over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Once the yolks are cooked, cool down and grate with a grater.
- Cut the chicken steak into bite-sized pieces evenly.
- Dredge the chicken in flour mix until well covered.
- Deep fry the chicken at 190°c for 2 minutes, remove from oil and rest for 2 minutes, then fry again for 2 minutes.
- Prepare orange honey – mix all the ingredients over medium heat for 8-10 minutes until liquid is reduced to approximately 1/3.
- In a pan, heat oil until bubbly hot, add grated salted egg yolk until completely foaming.
- Turn off heat, add orange honey, chicken and toss in pan until well coated.
- Plate the chicken, add supreme orange slices and green spring onion as garnish.
- Zest orange peel on top.