Kentucky Bourbon and Mandarin-Glazed Salmon
Recipe by J.C. Phelps
PREPARATION: 40 minutes
COOKING: 30 minutes
- Combine freshly squeezed Sunkist™ mandarin juice, Kentucky Bourbon, brown sugar, reduced sodium soy sauce, chopped shallot, garlic powder, and ground ginger. Mix well. Pour into a long, shallow dish.
- Place salmon in the mixture and allow to marinate, covered and refrigerated, for 30 minutes. Flip the salmon one time after 15 minutes for best results.
- Remove from the marinade and grill/cook until the internal temperature reaches 145F. Throughout the cooking process, continuously baste the salmon with the marinade for optimal flavor.
- Top with homemade Sunkist™ mandarin marmalade and fresh mandarin zest.
- Peel 15 Sunkist™ mandarins and separate each section.
- Over medium heat, add butter to your skillet, allowing it to coat the entire cooking service.
- After the butter is melted, add the mandarins and allow them to soften and cook for around 10-15 minutes.
- Add freshly squeezed mandarin juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well and cook for an additional 15 minutes (or until the topping has reached your desired consistency).